Monday, February 25, 2008

it's fly day!!

it's officially fly day!!!

i'm super nervous and scared and also very excited. though i don't think the REALITY has sunk in. and a few well-versed travellers have informed me that it won't really sink in until i'm on the plane and up up and away ... at which point i will have a mild freakout consisting mostly of the following thoughts: "holy shit!" and "what the hell am i doing?!?!?!" and "am i crazy!?!?!"

i'll be sure to report on the accuracy of these predictions as they pertain to me ... though knowing myself i'd say they will probably be quite close to what actually happens ...

so a quick recap (for my own benefit) of exactly WHY i am doing this ...
- i've dreamed of travelling in europe for years
- a once-in-a-lifetime experience
- i'll learn so much: about the world and ESPECIALLY about myself
- i'll become more independent and self-sufficient
- spanish and italian!!!
- see and experience things i will never otherwise get to see and experience
- i'll regret it for the rest of my life if i don't do it
and mostly because it's just going to be amazing.

*deep breath* okay ... let's do it!