Saturday, April 5, 2008

it's nearly hot :)

well ... i have been procrastinating with regards to blogging over the last week or so. at first i had a good excuse, but now ... not so much. so here goes ...

the first month+ of my trip can be summed up into a few words = amazing and completely unpredictable! it has offered me everything i could have imagined. in just a few short weeks i learned so much ... about europe, the places i visited, cultures, people, and of course, me. independence is a must when travelling alone and 3500 miles from home ... fortunately it came to me quite easily (woot!).

after a little over a month of adventure and, yes, unexpected events (read: not staying in madrid), i reached a fork in the road. having used up my whole railpass (travelling more than i thought i would be in less time!) and having spent a lot more $ than anticipated, i had two options: travel more without a railpass (you can only buy eurail passes while in NA, and i had no way of having one sent to me) and spend a lot more money (unpredictable amounts) and continue to haul around the extra useless crap i had brought with me (well we learn from experience eh folks?) ... OR ... hop on a plane and come home for those few weeks of limbo. so ... here i am back in canada. actually, i have been here for a week+ but have been laying low (and freeloading off of my parents -- thanks mom and dad!). the first few days were foggy ... jetlag caught me this time (far more than when i went over to europe in february) .. and once it was gone i was quickly consumed with a fidgety need to DO something. a month+ of castles and cathedrals and trains can not easily be replaced by a few weeks of hanging out at home. i've joined the gym and settled in now and am enjoying the free food and warm bed and company of my kitties ... although i am still incredibly excited to resume my journey!! i fly back to europe on april 16th and will be in rome by the 19th!

and then it will be SUMMER!!

so in the meantime i will continue to do family stuff and hang out with the coolest of the cool (minus my almost lover, who has taken off to see her lover) *sigh* (hugs and kisses to you babe).

now that i have taken the time to write this up, i am slowly falling asleep. i love warm beds :)

xox
Candz