Sunday, January 4, 2009

upswing and downtime

Alright, time to get back into the blog. More than anything, this is a great way for me to keep track of my own life in writing ... hopefully to make this round of "edumacation" better and more enjoyable than the last (and the last was definitely good and enjoyable!).

So the latest ....

I've moved in with Mark! We're renting a cute 2 bedroom apartment in Orillia, and I am starting back at school (Georgian College, Child and Youth Worker Program) on Tuesday. We moved in on Dec 15th, unpacked for a few days, went back home for Christmas, and then came back and finished settling in. Kiki joined us on New Years Eve and after a few hours of pouting under our bed, she decided that things aren't so bad around here and hasn't left us (or our laps!) alone since. As I type from the comfy couch, she is on her cat condo a few feet away, making sure to sleep as much as possible!

It took two weeks for us to get our internet going (many delivery issues with regards to our modem) but it's now up and running. We've both got Orillia cell phone numbers now (email me if you want my new number) and our home phone is, of course, up and running. The only thing we're lacking at this point is TV - mainly because it's a big expense and not something we can really justify quite yet.

Mark is (still) working from home, which is great! Kiki enjoys his lap (more than mine, I think!) and because I haven't been in school yet, we've had lots of great time together and have really enjoyed these past few weeks of living together. I couldn't ask for a better man to share my life with and I'm so lucky - and grateful - to have him as my sweetie. He has started on a new project - links and info to follow soon - and was fortunate to spend three weeks in the Caribbean (St. Kitts) working on it. Can you say envious?!?! He came home bronzed and happy, and well-fed just in time for the move and Christmas celebrations.

We spent New Years at home and invited Mark's cousin Ken and his family - Heather (wife) and Isaac (18 month old son) to our place. They were our first house guests and it was great to host people in this space that we've worked so hard at making cozy and comfortable. We've even got some art and photos on the walls now. Once I get a few more things up on the wall I will post some photos of our place. In the meantime, here are some New Year's pics!






This is the outfit that Uncle Mark and Auntie Candice (that's us!!) got Isaac for Christmas ... sooo freaking cute!

It's hard to believe that a year has passed since I finished school ... and almost a year since I went to Europe! WOW! My life has completely changed, and I attribute much of that to the incredible opportunity I had to explore six countries, and myself! Although the trip didn't go exactly as initially planned, looking back I'd definitely say it was perfect! I'm in an incredible place in life right now and I wouldn't change a thing that has lead to this point. Today is six months exactly since Mark and I started dating and I couldn't possibly be happier. Things are that great!

It's cold outside - we had some freezing rain earlier and things have iced over now - so I think this calls for some movie and cat snuggling time! So, "ciao" for now!

-Candz