Thursday, March 6, 2008

for chelsey

Hey sweetie,

I’m glad that you wrote this, but more glad that you are forgiving yourself. Things happen to us all the time that change who we are, and sometimes it takes us a while to realize we don’t like who we have become. You can’t be angry at yourself for that – you just need to take a deep breath, acknowledge it, and say “okay, this is what I want to be, starting now”

I’m not angry with you – I hope you know that. I know how intense things can be and it can be difficult to think clearly when your emotions are swirling around you. It takes a long time and a hell of a lot of practice to be able to keep oneself from being entirely consumed by the feelings (sometimes meds as well, lol). And sometimes it’s just not possible.

And I don’t really think we ‘fell apart’ either … I told Jérôme that I am very close to both of my sisters :) So howabout don’t worry about it and don’t feel bad anymore, because things are good now. Okay?

Xox
Grosses Bises from Montpellier
Candice