Monday, March 24, 2008

on the road again ...

I'm on the move again! After a weekend in Venice (cold, but very beautiful) I left Geneva at 7am and hopped on the first train to Paris. Having had my fill of Paris the first time around (it's big, dirty, busy, and ... well ... not my favourite city!) I hopped onto a second train bound for Brussels. And then a THIRD train from Brussels to ... yep, you guessed it (well probably not but we will pretend) ... BRUGGE!

This is my third visit to this awesome little city (second since arriving in Europe a month ago). This time I am staying three nights and have the next two full days to explore at my leisure. Which is FANTASTIC. I have gone over the map of Brugge and circled all kinds of places I want to go and things I want to see ... including (of course!) the chocolate museum!

Unfortunately the weather is NOT good right now ... very cold (it was snowing earlier - yuck!) and windy and grey skies. Boooooooo. But I am not about to let this less-than-ideal weather stop me from my exploring! I might even rent a bike tomorrow (after finding mittens, that is!).

I know that I am behind on the pictures ... I'm sorry! I have been looking at them and thinking about blog posts and labels and comments and ... well ... I just haven't been at a computer that I can use to upload photos! So that will be coming soon, by this weekend at the latest. PROMISE!

The last week or so has reminded me again just how much I have come to value my independence and personal strength. I have worked hard to develop my confidence and strong sense of self - and to show it to the world - and this is not something that is going to change. Fortunately, I trust my instincts enough to listen when they tell me that the situation I am in is not good for me and that I will be unhappy. Woot for independence!

On that note, if any of you are considering ever coming to europe to travel around and explore, I can not recommend highly enough that you buy a RailEurope pass! It's amazing and it offers the peace of mind of knowing that you can get on a train from wherever you are and go somewhere else. :) And I highly recommend Bruges :)

Alright folks, that is today's update. I have made secret plans for the next little while and will be blogging whenever I can.

Take care!
xox
Candz